Friday, August 3, 2012

Jesus, friend of sinners


I know it has been a while since I sat down and blogged about what God is doing in my life.  After I got home from Uganda, I had so much emotion going on. I reacted the same last time I went. I just shut down. I tried to shut my thoughts off from the place that I love so much. I never wanted to leave Uganda. If I could get my family to move to Uganda, I would do it in a heart beat. I get back to America only to hear of others complaining about this or that. About things we don't have, when we have too much. Everyone wanted to see pictures of my trip, but it was just too painful to go through them all. I posted a few on facebook and much later posted more. Just last week I was able to show my brother a video of the choir. When I opened the videos on my computer, I saw all the videos I had taken while I was there and a river of emotions rushed over me. After he left I cried. I watched each video and recalled the joy. I didn't cry because of the condition they live. I didn't cry because they are hungry. I cried because I miss them. I miss the joy, the humbleness. Here I feel like those things are artificial.

We can't be happy with nothingness. We can't be happy with everything. I am so sick of all this judging one another, all of this hate out in the public. "We hate homosexual" or "we hate our government". What in the world is wrong with this picture? The problem is lack of Jesus. Could you ever imagine Jesus standing on a corner with a sign stating how he hated Obama or homosexuals? We may be a rich country but we are sure poor in spirit. We need to love our brothers and sisters. All these people saying "you need to help people in your own country". Yes, you are very right. We do need help in our country, but in another sense. We need to love each other for who they are, and not what we think they should be. We need to reach out our hands and hearts to the broken. We need to show the love of Jesus. Jesus is a friend of sinners. Our churches should welcome the homeless, the drug addicts, the homosexuals. We need not judge them. For there is only one true Judge.


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment